Homecoming is a time-honored tradition at San Diego State. Students, faculty, staff, and alumni gather to commemorate their passion for SDSU and recognize the outstanding achievements made by SDSU student leaders. Through recognition of the Royal Court, SDSU honors those exceptional students who have shown their dedication through extraordinary commitment to leaving a legacy of pride.
Homecoming Court Selection Process
Become a part of SDSU’s 2023 Homecoming Court where 10 royal members are selected based on leadership, school spirit, integrity, and achievement through their contributions and involvement at SDSU.
During Homecoming Week, Oct. 30 to Nov. 4, Royal Court members participate in many of the week’s festivities, including volunteering at an Aztec Unity Project and attending the time-honored annual Homecoming dinner. During the SDSU Homecoming football game on Saturday, Nov. 4, this year’s two Homecoming Royals will be announced during Halftime.
Applications for the Royal Court are due at 4:30pm, Wednesday, September 20
Application Window: August 28, 2023- September 20, 2023
Application opens: 8/28/2023 at 8:30am
- Candidate must be an active member of an SDSU Recognized Student Organization or have another leadership role on campus
- (Example: SDSU Ambassador, Residential Education office student leader, Official student mentor through EOPOS, Student Life, Cultural Centers, etc.)
- Undergraduate student candidates must have completed at least 60 units by the time of application. Graduate student candidates must have completed 12 units at SDSU by the time of application
- Transfer students must have completed at least 30 units at SDSU at the time of application
- Candidate must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5
- Candidate must be in good academic standing and disciplinary standing
- (If the candidate is assigned probation prior to or during the selection process, the candidate will be disqualified)*
- Only SDSU students who have not been selected to the court on prior years are eligible for candidacy to the 2023 SDSU Homecoming Court
*Verification of academic and judicial record is conducted during the application reviewed and again before the Homecoming Game
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE APPLICATION or HOMECOMING COURT
Were you on an SDSU Homecoming Court?
If you were a homecoming court member prior to 2001, please email Jen Ranallo at [email protected].
Please include your contact information, graduation year and the year you participated in the homecoming court. Also, please list the names of other homecoming court alumni you may know or forward this information to them.